OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply when booking a course directly through the school. If you book via one of LSI’s representatives, their terms and conditions may apply.
- The minimum age for General English, Cambridge IELTS and Pre-Sessional courses is 18. The minimum age for Business English programmes and Executive courses is 25.
- The school is closed on public holidays for GE, Exam and Pre-Sessional courses. Executive courses run as usual on public holidays and Business English classes run in the afternoon only.
- LSI has a 24-hour emergency phone number: 0780 339 2476 (or +44 780 339 2476 if phoning from outside Britain).
- You should arrive at school by 9:00am on your first day.
- INSURANCE: We strongly advise you to take out travel and medical insurance before leaving home. This should cover loss or damage to personal possessions and loss of tuition fees if you have to finish your course early for any reason.
- LSI keeps personal information in both electronic and paper format. When requested, this information is passed onto third parties such as the British Council, ISI and UKVI.
- LSI may use photographs or short video clips from school social activities for marketing and promotional materials. If you do not allow us to use images that you may feature in, please inform us in writing at the start of your course.
- For school rules, policies and procedures please see www.lsi-portsmouth.co.uk/en/school-policies-rules
- A minimum of 90% attendance is required in order to pass the Pre-Sessional course.
- If you are from the EU, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein, you do not need a visa and can work in the UK. If you come from any other country, you do need a visa and cannot work in the UK. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct type of visa and sufficient duration to study in the UK. There are 2 main types of student visa: General Student Visa (GSV), and Short-Term Student Visa (6 months or 11 months).
- For more information about visas please visit: www.gov.uk/visas-immigration
- If you do not have the correct type of visa to study, or lose your right to remain in the UK, any contract with the school will be cancelled and you will not be allowed to study.
- If you apply for a General Student Visa (GSV), we will only issue you with a CAS number if we are satisfied that you both intend and are able to complete the course of study booked, your Tier 4 application meets UKVI requirements and all your tuition fees and cost of the CAS have been paid in full. We are obliged to inform the Home Office if you do not follow your visa conditions.
how to book:
- Please complete our REGISTRATION FORM and e-mail it to us, or book through our website. In order to process your booking we must receive a non-refundable £300 deposit (General English and Exam courses), or full tuition fees if booked onto a Pre-Sessional course, which you can send to us via a bank transfer (please send us proof of this payment) or pay by cheque.
- After receiving your registration form and required fees, we will send you a booking confirmation and any necessary immigration documents for SVV/ESVV applications. Documents for GSV applications will be sent once the terms and conditions above have been met. We will also send an invoice; the balance of this is due at least 3 weeks before the start of the course.
Accommodation details and taxi transfer details (if booked) will be sent around 2 weeks before the start of the course – please send us your arrival information as soon as possible.
- For more information about application procedures for Pre-Sessional courses please refer to the brochure
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- In booking with us, you agree to accept LSI’s Terms & Conditions.
- If you book via a representative or Educational Tour Operator (ETO), their terms & conditions may apply.
- A £300 non-refundable deposit is required for all GE bookings. Full tuition payment is required upfront for Pre-Sessional bookings.
- The £80 registration fee includes materials and course books and is non-refundable in any case.
- LSI reserves the right to refuse an enrolment.
- LSI is not liable for loss of tuition or other services caused by factors outside of our control (natural events e.g. flooding, earthquake, storms). Refunds in these instances will not be made.
- Enrolments submitted online, over the telephone or via email may be cancelled within a cooling-off period of 14 days from the date the initial application was submitted. LSI must be notified in writing of a cancellation within the cooling-off period and all fees, including the deposit will be refunded. If the course is due to start within 14 days of booking, you may lost your right to a cooling-off period for any accommodation arranged by the school.
Before starting a course
- If we receive notice of cancellation before the start of a course, all tuition and accommodation fees will be refunded less the £300 deposit.
- If we receive notice of postponement for a General English course less than 1 week (5working days) before the start of a course, you will lose the £300 deposit and be required to pay another deposit before we can confirm a new start date.
- If you are waiting for a visa and think that you may be delayed, you must let us know at least 1 week before your planned start date or you may lose your £300 deposit and have to pay another £300.
- If your visa application is refused for a Pre-Sessional course, all accommodation and tuition fees will be refunded (less irrecoverable costs e.g. bank charges and CAS fee if applicable) and less a £300 administrative charge - but only when we have seen a copy of the visa refusal letter.
- If your visa application is refused for a General English/IELTS/Cambridge course, all accommodation and tuition fees will be refunded (less irrecoverable costs e.g. bank charges and CAS fee if applicable) but only when we have seen a copy of the visa refusal letter. The £80 registration fee is non-refundable in any case.
- Different cancellation terms apply to Executive courses (please refer to the course information and prices).
- For full Pre-Sessional terms and conditions please see page 2 of the dates and fees sheet.
After Starting a Course:
- It is LSI’s policy that all tuition fees are non-refundable once the course begins, so you should make sure your insurance policy will cover this in case you have to stop your course early.
- Homestay fees are refundable subject to 1 full week’s notice.
- Self-catering fees are refundable subject to 4 weeks’ notice.
- If you have a Tier 4 GSV, accommodation fees will only be refunded if you show us documentary evidence that you are enrolled and sponsored by another UK institution or have booked and paid for a flight home. Refunds are usually made to the person who paid the fees (not necessarily to the student). Bank charges are at your expense.
- LSI reserves the right to ask students to leave the school without refunding tuition fees in the event of misconduct, criminal behaviour or serious attendance problems. Please see the school’s website for our disciplinary procedures.
- Unacceptable behaviour in accommodation arranged by the school may result in students being asked to leave – we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find suitable, alternative accommodation.
You may take a holiday during your course, up to a maximum of 4 weeks, provided you give LSI at least 1 week’s notice. The holiday weeks are given as a course credit and you can take these unused study weeks at a later date, within a 12-month period. Please note that course credits are non-refundable and must be taken as study weeks.
Homestay accommodation: If you are away for a full week (weekend to weekend) and give 1 week’s notice, we will refund 50% of the fees.
Self-catering: There are no refunds for holidays taken.
Students following a Pre-Sessional course are not allowed to take holidays
All fees are payable in GBP Sterling, at least 3 weeks in advance to: LANGUAGE SPECIALISTS INTERNATIONAL,
National Westminster Bank PLC, Commercial Road Branch, Portsmouth, England. PO1 1EJ.
A/c No. 89795482, Sort Code 56-00-64
SWIFT Code NWB KGB 2L,
IBAN Code GB15 NWBK 5600 6489 7954 82
Please note that you are responsible for covering the cost of bank charges. To identify your payment quickly and easily, please include the INVOICE NUMBER and STUDENT SURNAME in the details: e.g. ‘18999-Smith’