First days can be scary! We want to tell you what you can expect on day 1 so you’re prepared. Really don’t worry though, lots of new students start every week!
Here is your timetable for day 1 (GE and Exam course students only)
- 09.15 – 11.00: Assessing your English
- 11.00 – 11.05: Break – You will be taken to the Student Room on the 2nd floor. You can buy coffee for £1 in here.
- 11.05 – 11.20: Welcome talk in the Student Room.
Information about life in the school, the lessons, accommodation and the social programme, etc.
- 11.20 – 11.40: Tour of the school
- 11.40 – 13.15: Lunch break – You can come back and have lunch in the school or go into the city centre or one of the nearby cafes.
- 13.15 – 14.30: Afternoon classes start
- 14.30 – 14.45: Afternoon coffee break
- 14.45 – 16.00: Back to class for your second afternoon lesson
On day 1 your classes start at 13:15 because you have a test in the morning. Every school day after this, your classes will start at 9:15am – please be on time!
Remember to email us a picture to [email protected] so that we can make a student card for you.
Women – First floor – go up the stairs to the 1st floor. The women’s toilets are at the top of the stairs in front of you.
Men – First floor – go up the stairs to the 1st floor. Turn left and go through one set of doors. The men’s toilets are on your right.
People you will probably meet
Lea Brophy – Principal
Ross McKenzie – General English DOS
Lewis Richards – Exams DOS
Catherine Barker – Social Programme Organiser