Our mission is to be the best English language school we can be and to give our students the best experience they can have in every aspect of their stay while they are at LSI. We strive to be the best in all we do.
We want all students to Learn, Succeed and Inspire
Internal Quality Control and Best Practice
At LSI Portsmouth we are very much focused on best practice and on striving to make your student experience the best it can be. We encourage our staff to constantly reflect on what they do and to be constantly seeking ways to make things even better for you. Some ways in which we do that are as follows:
- Regular Best Practice Meetings with all staff responsible for key areas of the school. Recent meetings have looked at the school’s social programme, provision of self-catering accommodation, the student feedback process and our links with the university, amongst other things.
- Weekly Teachers’ Meetings
- Weekly Management/Senior Staff Meetings
- Regular tutorials with all students (at least fortnightly) to see how they are doing in terms of academic progress and satisfaction, ambitions and needs, welfare and accommodation.
- Systematic recording and review of feedback from students. A regularly updated database of our feedback, both general and on accommodation, helps us monitor how things are going and identify areas where we need to improve.
- Even though we know from our students’ feedback we are doing a very good job and keeping our students very happy, we are always trying to do better. We are all dedicated to working together to maximise student satisfaction.
External Accreditation and Memberships
Accreditations and memberships do not give you the whole picture, but they do tell you that a school is focused on quality control and best practice and is regularly inspected by professional organisations.
LSI Portsmouth is now partners with Sensations English, Sensations English is an online learning platform. It uses news stories to present English language lessons across 5 different levels, from A1 to C1.
LSI Portsmouth is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate. For our most recent inspection in November 2018, LSI Portsmouth was found to ‘exceed expectations’ in all areas of the school. For more information about ISI please click ici.
We are regularly inspected by and are members of The International Association of Language Centres, an award-winning association of independent language schools that teach the language of their country. Their quality is guaranteed through minimum standards, regular inspection, a code of ethics and a philosophy of continuous improvement.
Recognised by more than 6000 institutions across 120 countries, IELTS is the world’s proven English test. Over 1.4 million candidates take the test each year to start their journeys into international education and employment.
LSI Portsmouth is a Tier 4 Sponsor, licensed by UK Visas and Immigration to enrol international students under Tier 4 of the points based system. Visit the UK Visas and Immigration website to learn more about how you can apply to come to or remain in the UK as an adult student under Tier 4 (General) of the points-based system.