Obeying the Law
The laws in the UK may be different from the laws in your own country. We want you to be safe whilst you are studying with us, so it is very important to obey the laws in the UK. Here is some information on things which we think you need to know:
- All non-prescription drugs are illegal. Drug use can result in prosecution and you may be sent back to your country.
- It is illegal to smoke cigarettes inside public buildings e.g. restaurants and bars. It is even illegal to smoke inside vehicles.
- It is against the law to carry any weapon, including knives or self-defence sprays.
- It is illegal to offer money to a police officer.
- Driving a car without tax, insurance or an international driving license is illegal. If you want to hire a vehicle whilst you are with us, please speak to the Social Programme Organiser.
- Remember, that in the UK, we drive on the left side of the road. Take extra care when crossing roads!
- It is illegal to rent a flat and stop paying before the end of the contract period. Please speak to a member of the accommodation team or reception team if you need advice before signing any legal documents.
If you want any more information on UK law, please speak to any member of staff. Your safety is important to us and we are here to help you!