Update on the Coronavirus/Covid-19 situation – 18th March 2020
Dear partners, students and friends
It goes without saying that these are uncertain times, and things are changing quickly. As we said before, the health and well-being of our students and staff is our absolute priority. For this reason, we have decided to close the building from Monday the 23rd of March and move our classes online. However, we are NOT going to stop delivering the high quality of teaching that you are all used to, just changing the way we deliver it. We believe this is the most effective way of ensuring our students continue to receive their lessons, but in a way that aligns with the social distancing strategy of the government and reduces the risks to our students and staff. We are ready to move online.
We have also been working hard developing our new live online English courses using Zoom technology, to give our students access to our high-quality teaching from the comfort of their own home. Our new online courses will be launched very soon – we’ll let you know when they are ready.
We will continue to follow Government advice as the situation develops and will keep you updated on any changes. In the meantime we would like to say thank you for your understanding and wish you and your families well. If you have any questions, please reach out to us [email protected]. We are here for you.
All of us at LSI Portsmouth
Important information on the Coronavirus/Covid-19 situation – 16th March 2020
To all our students, clients, colleagues and friends
The situation with Coronavirus is rapidly developing across the world.
The safety of students and staff is and always has been our highest priority. We would like to reassure you that no student or staff member has tested positive to Coronavirus.
We, at LSI Portsmouth, would like to update everyone on the precautions we are taking to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
- We have implemented a cleaning regime which guarantees regular anti-viral cleaning of common areas and frequently touched items such as door handles and stair handrails.
- We have supplied staff with antiviral wipes to clean common areas such as computer keyboards.
- We have antiviral hand gel at entry and exit points to the building.
- We have put antiviral hand gel dispensers in the teachers’ rooms, bathrooms, and administrative areas around the building.
- To raise awareness of the necessity to wash hands, catch coughs and maintain good hygiene, we have placed the official Public Health England guidelines around the building in all common areas: classrooms, bathrooms, lifts etc.
LSI Portsmouth teachers and administrative staff are, at this moment, continuing to operate and provide students with an enjoyable and educational environment. Should any student feel that they wish to return to their home country, we fully respect their decision and look forward to seeing them again when the Coronavirus situation has settled.
We, as everyone, are watching the news carefully and keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing situation. LSI Portsmouth will not be closing, however, should it be necessary for us to change the way we deliver our lessons, we are fully prepared to continue to teach online. We still want to give our students high-quality teaching, but our priority must be to reduce the risk to students and staff.
Furthermore, as we are confident in the ability of our experienced teachers to offer English language classes online, we are launching a new range of online courses. These courses are best suited to anyone who does not want to travel at this time but does want to study with us.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult time. If you have any questions, please reach out to us [email protected].
All of us at LSI Portsmouth
Do you want more information about Coronavirus/Covid-19 in the United Kingdom?
Some useful links:
- Rolling Updates on Covid-19
- Map of the spread of Coronavirus
- If you are worried about your health, you can call 111 anytime for free health advice.
- You can download the Public Health England advice on the coronavirus for places of education here.
Do you have questions about LSI Portsmouth’s response to Coronavirus?
Are you thinking of studying on an LSI Portsmouth Online Course?
Want to know more about us?