2018 Dates and Prices
Important School Dates
• LSI is open from Tuesday 2nd January - Friday 21st December 2018. We re-open on Monday 7th January 2019
• The Summer period is from 11th June – 31st August 2018
• Students can only start on specific dates as stated below
• Public Holidays: 1st January, 30th March, 2nd April, 7th May, 28th May, 27th August.
• There are no Pre-Sessional classes on public holidays.
Fees and Course Options
25 week Pre-Sessional Programme / 2.0 IELTS bands needed
Course Dates: 13/11/17 – 11/05/18 or 12/03/18 – 31/08/18
18 weeks Pre-Sessional Programme / 1.5 IELTS bands needed
Course Fees: £5655
Course Dates: 08/01/18 – 11/05/18 or 30/04/18 – 31/08/18 or 20/08/18 – 21/12/18
12 weeks Pre-Sessional Programme / 1.0 IELTS bands needed
Course Fees: £3895
Course Dates: 19/02/18 – 11/05/18 or 11/06/17 - 31/08/18 or 01/10/17 – 21/12/18
8 weeks Pre-Sessional Programme / 0.5 IELTS bands needed
Course Fees: £2605
Course Dates: 19/03/18 – 11/05/18 or 09/07/18 – 31/08/18 or 29/10/18 – 21/12/18
4 weeks Pre-Sessional Programme / Unconditional Offer
Course Fees: £1355
Course Dates: 16/04/18 – 11/05/18 or 06/08/18 – 31/08/18 or 26/11/18 – 21/12/18
Course fees include: Teaching, all course books and materials and unlimited WiFi at LSI. All courses are 22.5 hours per week in group classes (maximum 12 students). No 1:1 lessons are included.
Lessons take place at LSI and no components are online modules. Pre-Sessional courses are not held for specific groups of students but are open to all international students.
Accommodation Options and Prices
Fees: £155 per week (non-summer period), £165 per week (summer period). Extra nights: £25
The University of Portsmouth’s Halls of Residence may be available during your stay, subject to availability. Prices vary and are available upon request. Full fees are required at the time of booking and are non-refundable in any case.
Privately Arranged Accommodation
Prices in the city tend to start at approximately £90 per week for a room in a shared house. Utility charges such as the internet and council tax are usually extra, on top of the weekly room rate.
Airport Taxi Transfer
One way: £135
Southampton Eastleigh Airport
One way: £70
Key Information for 2019:
- LSI Portsmouth is open from Monday 7th January – Friday 20th December 2018. We re-open on Monday 6th January 2020.
- Students can only start on specific dates as stated below.
- Public Holidays: 19th April, 22nd April, 6th May, 27th May, 26th August.
- There are no Pre-Sessional classes on public holidays.
Course dates and fees for 2019 will be up on the website soon!